Sunday, September 2, 2012

Girls Day Out!

 
Today I spent the day with some wonderful friends at the Kane County Flea Market.
 
The flea market started yesterday and I was not able to make it. I was hoping there would still be stuff left today!  It actually was a little sparse but I think that was because it was a holiday weekend, and it was a rainy one too. 
 
It was fun to go with friends and see the flea market from their perspective.  I know how Kim & I shop and I am used to that.  It was neat to see what interests others too!
 
Here is some of the cool stuff we saw today!
 
 
Pretty fall mums and outdoor decor.  I do not usually look at the outdoor things too often.  I saw some really cool things today!
 
 

Lots and lots of white frames!
 
 
 
I thought this was really neat.  I love the color too! 
 

 
 
There was something about this white weathered lantern that I just thought was so cozy. 
 
 
 
Awhile back I had recovered a bench with fur but ended up taking it off because I just was not sure about the fur.  Saw this little guy today!
 
 
 
 
And this one......
 
 

 
 
I had given my fur from my bench to my sister Kim and she made this cool chair.  Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept my fur!  :)
 

 
I love the soft blue color of this little table.  With the burning candles on top it is all just so pretty!
 
 
 
Have you ever seen a lamp this tall????
 
 
 
Just some beautiful things!
 
 
 
This barn wood table was AMAZING!!!! 
 
 
 
 
Beautiful milk glass lamp.  It was $85.00 otherwise I might have brought it home with me!
 
 
 
See the little glass things in the middle bin?  My friend explained that they were for serving salt in the old days.  You would serve the salt individually with a little spoon.  I have never heard of that, so neat!
 
 
More pretty things.....
 
 
These soy candles smell so good! The vendor had a Buttered Rum one burning and it was awesome!  Had to get one of those! I am a sucker for candles!
 
 
Cool wood file cabinet! 
 
 
 
After a long day of shopping!  So much fun!  :)
 
 
 
 
Here are my finds.  I have some new plans for blue mason jars so needed a few more of those.  I got TJ some of his favorite spicy homemade pickles.  I love the silver little bowl, perfect for a votive candle! 
 
 
 
So excited about this little milk glass lamp!
 
 
 
My friend spotted this vintage fan and decided it would not work in her space.  I had to get it!  It is blue, it works, and I got it for $17.00!!
 
 
All and all it was another great flea market day!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment