My little burlap bench......
Sometimes I do not get it right the first time, but I just keep trying!
I have had this faux leather bench for many many years. It was from Target and it went well with everything in my home. That was until I decided I wanted to lighten things up!
I love projects like these. I would much rather reuse something I have then go find something new. Not only does it save a ton of money but it makes it unique!
Ok so my first attempt did not go so well. I thought I loved the fabric I found at Hobby Lobby but it took me (and my teenage daughter) a few minutes to realize it did not work! I did not spend too much on that fabric, and maybe I will end up using it somewhere someday!
In comes the burlap. I have never used burlap before but I was excited to try it. The best part about burlap is it is CHEAP!
Before I go on you will see I do not have pictures of the actual process of recovering the bench. I sometimes get on a roll and forget to take pics! This bench was so easy. Except for getting those darn legs off. I spent more time on that than anything else! I finally got a hammer and just banged on each leg and they finally fell off! (you can see how distressed each leg is!) I was ok with that since I planned to have them distressed anyway.
Once I got the legs off I spray painted each one with Rust-Oleums heirloom white.
The burlap was very easy to work with. I used my staple gun and went right over top the faux leather (I did take fabric #1 off in case I decide to use it on something else.)
Ok this is not it, but I love this burlap bench. It is from Mecox and has a price tag of $1285.00
And of course my favorite store Pottery Barn ALWAYS has something I like. This pretty bench is $499.99.
This cute bench above is my finished product!
After getting all the bench covered I added nailheads around the bottom. Again this was very easy, just needed a hammer and the nailheads were about $2.00.
Here is my little bench all burlapped up. I love how it turned out! If we forgot about the first fabric incident this project cost me around $7.00! :)