Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Decorating around a red couch.

 


I have two decorating projects going on now.  Our guest bedroom and our loft.  I am really excited about the guest bedroom.  The loft it a little overwhelming.  I love that room, it has served us very well over the past 8 years.  It is a hangout for my kids and their friends.  That rooms has seen more sleepovers than I can count!  When I say I love that room,  I do not necessarily love what it looks like.
 
 
The kids do not complain and probably rather I just leave it alone, but I can't!!
 
 
I do not have the best pictures of the room but here it is in all its  unstaged glory.......
 
 


 
Basically brown and red.
 
This room gets the leftover stuff.  The large tv and cabinet have been with us for years and years.  I am trying to sell it on craigslist right now.  It is a very dark room and I want to add some light and maybe a little color!
 
 We love the little electric fireplace, it is cozy in the winter. That will stay.  The other thing that has to stay is that big red couch
 
We actually bought this new for that room.  We were decorating in a fire department motif and thought the red couch was fun!  It has served us well, but it is big and it is red!  My sister suggested a white slip cover which would be gorgeous.  Problem is there is way too much eating going on in that room for that!
 
So my challenge is decorating that room around the red couch!
 
Here are some color schemes to consider.......
 
 
I love the red and blue. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I like how this room is warm, but still fun!
hgtv
 
 
 
Red and gray.  Very modern!
 
 
interiordesign



 
This is a sophisticated room with navy and red.  Very pretty but probably too fancy for us!
 
 
 
IClassic Red
bhg

 
 
 
I like how cheerful this room is!
 
 
 
a red blanket draped over a striped sofa in front of a fireplace
bhg
 
 
This room is one of my favorites.  I love the gold and turquoise mixed in.
 
 
tophomedesigns






I love this room too!


 
Sofa Statement
bhg



And back to mine.....



 
 
As you can see I have my work cut out for me.  I would like to:
 
*change the wall color
*get a smaller tv and cabinet
*add a new color
*change out the curtains
*add some end tables and maybe a chair
 
I have started painting a tv cabinet so I am on my way!  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting post! Thanks it was interesting. http://windowtech.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Olya, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really appriciate your post, Amazing tips, thanks.Bedroom Furniture Online

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike. interior decorating

    ReplyDelete