Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vintage wall gallery

 
 
A few flea markets ago I came across some vintage prints.  This vendor had pages and pages of old prints from books.  I have not seen her at the flea market since.  I hope she comes back because I would love to buy more!
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was selling the prints for $1.00 each.  I picked out these six.
 
 
 
I had been wanting to do a gallery type wall with botanical prints for some time.  I did not want to buy the prints from a store.  Mainly because of the price and also because I like old flea market stuff! :) Finding these for $1.00 each was perfect!
 
Here are few beautiful wall galleries....




Emily A Clark


decorpad
 
 

heartsathome


Emily A Clark



house beautiful
 
 
I decided to take my prints to Hobby Lobby.  The frames were half off and I did pay to have them professionally matted. I would have done that myself but they did not have six of the same mattes in stock. The frames were $5.00 each and with matting I paid less than $10.00 a picture.  Not bad for a one of a kind vintage print!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Here is another before and after of our dining room:
 
 
 
 
Before:
 
 
 
 



 
I love how this little gallery turned out.  It makes me want to try it on a larger wall now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment