Monday, July 1, 2013

Elkhorn Flea Market

 
Yesterday I spent part of my day at the Elkhorn Flea Market.  This one was a little different since my sister Kim could not make it.  She is the only one I have gone to that flea market with.  TJ agreed to go with me. (what a guy!)  We took my daughter and her friend with and dropped them off at a beach nearby. 
 
 
The weather was perfect yesterday.  70's and sunny.  Beautiful!

Here are some things that caught my eye at the flea market.....
 
 
 
These library type tables are really in right now.  I love them! 
 



This metal and wood one was cool.




I liked this one too.  I just really do not know where I would put it!  I love all this stuff this vendor has by the way. 







This is an old mailbox.  I have never seen one of these before. It would be neat in an office or den? 





I like this one too.  I ended up leaving without buying one. I have been thinking of a few of them that I saw ever since!  That happens to me a lot!  I also just saw my last flea market post had library tables in it as well.  Surprised I  have not bought one yet!
 
 
 
 
Old lamps can be pretty funky!
 
 
  We saw a lot of antique fire equipment.  Something for TJ to look at!
 













 See those metal red lights on the left side of the table?  Those were cool.  $300.00 so they stayed on that table.
 
 
I am so curious about the manikins...... 
 
 
 
 

Funny thing is we did see a lady carrying a manikin head around under her arm.  There is a market for these things I guess!

 
 

 
 
 
 
I have this little guy.  This one is painted and was $65.00
 
 
 
 Mine was $18.00
 
 
Here are my finds for the day......
 
 

One of my goals was to find a dresser.  I am in the process of re doing our guest room and wanted to get a little dresser to use in there.  This one was exactly what I was looking for.  I got the vendor down to $30.00!  I am excited to get working on this!


 I love these old rusty metal drawers.  These were $1.50 each. Usually they are much higher than that!  Kind of kicking myself for not buying more!


I also set out to find antique frames and mirrors for a project I have in mind.  I managed to get all the frames and the books for $20.00. 


 
 
 I thought these metal valves things were pretty neat too. 
 
 
We ended up spending about 3 1/2 hours at the flea market.  That is about 5 hours less than I usually spend!  I of course could have stayed there ALL day and probably after it closed as well!
 
This was also the least amount of money I have spent at a flea market.  That probably has something to do with my husband being with!  :)  Although I got some great deals on what I did find!
 
All in all it was a great day.  We shopped and then had a nice lunch on the lake. My daughter and her friend got to hang at the beach for the day.  A little something for everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment