Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Searching for the perfect shade of gray.


I have been looking at gray paint colors for days & days! During this time I have realized this much..... I LOVE GRAY!  

  When  TJ & I built our first home over 20 years ago (early 90's) the hot color scheme was gray and mauve!  We had mauve carpet through out the house and gray walls everywhere.  We had a pink flowered couch and a pink papason chair too!  Since that house I have not done much with gray.  I pretty much stayed away from it!  Until recently I started to love it all over again!

Gray, grayish blue, silver, dark gray, light silvery blue.....I love it all.  So my daughter Bryce and I have decided on gray for her bedroom.  I did not even have to talk her into it!!


Here are few pics of some beautiful paint colors......



This is Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray. So Pretty!





This is Oyster Shell by Benjamin Moore.  I found this on Emily Henderson's blog.  I love this color!  I love this room!!




     Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.  (no source)  I could paint this color all over my house!  Love it!




This is Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore.  (room also done by Emily Henderson)  This one is so pretty!





I was very tempted by this strip of colors by Benjamin Moore.  Thrifty Decor Chick is using them in her basement remodel.  




 Coventry Gray by BM.  I love the pops of teal, orange, and yellow in this room!


Nate Berkus used Pale Smoke by BM in this living room. 

I love all these colors!!!!

but the winner is........





Coventry Gray by Benjamin Moore.  This gray is perfect. It is just that....GRAY!  While I love the grays with a hint of blue or silver, for Bryce's room we wanted a true gray color.  I am so excited to get it on the walls!  :)







1 comment:

  1. I've currently got SEVEN testers of gray and I hate six of them!! The one I think we're going to go with? Coventry gray!!! =)

    ReplyDelete