Sunday, July 8, 2012

More on Annie Sloan Chalk Paint....


I started painting my dining room chairs last night.  I decided on
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Ochre.  This is how Old Ochre is described:


Old Ochre:

A soft warm neutral that can be dark waxed to make the colour of old French painted woodwork. For a sophisticated paring, use Old White for carved details.


I love this color.  I have used it on a few pieces and was running low on it when I started the dining room chairs last night.  With a little over 1/4 can left I almost finished 6 chairs! 

So this morning I headed out to Carter's Cottage to pick up some paint.  I have to say I love this shop!  Christie is the owner and she has made this a very comfortable and beautiful place to shop.  Here are a few things I saw today.....







 






 Beautiful things!  I could walk around this store all day and never get tired of looking!  What is so great is many of the pieces are painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so you can actually see it on furniture!

And now for my favorite part........


This is where it gets difficult for me!  I knew I wanted Old Ochre and clear soft wax, but I also wanted to try a new color. I really could buy a can of each, there is not a color I do not like!


Christie is a Certified Trainer for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  She knows a lot!  The Carters Cottage website has tons of great tips too!!  After talking with her about what color I should try I decided on....

 

Château Grey:

An elegant greyed green when left un-waxed or clear waxed. A beautiful medium olive color when dark waxed. The colour often found in French woodwork.

 
I am so excited to try this color!!  It goes great with Old Ochre!



The nice part about shopping for paint here is all the colors are painted on little pieces of wood.  She has an entire basket full of colors and different color combinations as well. 


I also bought a new paint brush.  My old one has lasted over a year and is still going strong.  For $4.95 I decided to get another for a back up!  I also got a piece of ripple cloth. This cloth is great for buffing after you wax. 

I highly recommend Carter's Cottage.  You can also buy Annie Sloan Chalk Paint online on their website.

Looks like I will be making many more visits to this lovely store!  I  have been collecting beautiful pieces of furniture over the year and have decided to start finishing them to sell!  I can only fit so much stuff in my home!!! I am soooo excited about this new venture.  Stay tuned for more details!  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment