Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I love looking at before and after pictures.  Room makeovers are so fun I could do them all day! 

Here are a few pics of our before and after master bedroom. 



Like I had said before there was ALOT of brown going on in this room.  I did not mind it though.  I had the room like this for many years and I really liked it!  It was a very cozy warm room.  I am more into the cool tones now though so was excited to switch things up with BLUE!



I kept the same bedding and just added blue floral shams, blue & cream pillows and a cream fuzzy throw. (all from Pottery Barn)

I replaced the art over the bed with these pressed tins from PB.  I love them!!!

The black and gold mirror over the dresser got sprayed painted a matte black. 

The brown curtains were replaced with some simple cream drapes.

The night stands were the same color as the bed and dresser etc.  I painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.  I also changed out the black lamps for the crystal ones. 






Here I just changed a few accessories.  That black wall mirror used to be gold as well, I spray painted it the same black as the mirror above the dresser.


The 3 black wall sconces were spray painted silver. I changed out the lamp for the silver IKEA lamp.  I also added my DYI table. (the little westie is Cubby) :)










I love these pictures. The before room has the pics in heavy wood frames.  I bought some inexpensive silver frames at Hobby Lobby (less than $2.00 a piece) and painted the old matting with some left over gray paint I had in the basement.  Instant update!!






This white linen DYI bench replaced the brown faux leather bench that was under the picture.  I love this one so much more!



I am sooooo happy with how this room turned out.  The best part is I re used most of what I had.  I have a few more little plans for this room, but for now I we are enjoying it just as it is!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment