Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bryce's room!

Bryce's room is finished!! HIP HIP HOORAY!

It has actually been done for awhile but I jumped into another project and have been side tracked!  Story of my life!


Her old barn door head board is by far my favorite thing in her room!  Bryce picked out the colors for her bedding.  I love the gray and yellow with some blue thrown in!  Most of the bedding is from Homegoods.


The old crates on the right side of her bed are of course from a flea market.  They are great for storage!




If I had to pick a 2nd favorite thing it would be this night stand!  I wish I would have taken a before picture, but this is one of those projects I just jumped right into without thinking!  This night stand was from our first "real" bedroom set we bought about 18 years ago.  We have since donated the furniture but kept this little night stand.  It was honey pine with flowers painted all over the front. 

 I had bought some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue a while back and could not wait to try it out.  We had this night stand in TJ's closet so I pulled it out and started painting.  I LOVE this color!!  I followed up with clear and dark wax and loved how it turned out.  I also swapped out the old hardware for some big glass knobs I found at Hobby Lobby. 

After I finished it I had no clue what to do with it so it just sat.  When we started putting Bryce's room back together I remembered I had this and decided it was perfect in there!  The drawers are perfect for her too!!!


I used her old silver lamp base and updated it with the teal and white lamp shade I found at Target.  It was on clearance for $8.00!



This old window was bought from an antique store in WI.  I bought it and never quite knew where to put it.  Bryce has a lot of very special pictures so I figured this was a great way to display them!



The blue sconces over her bed were black metal ones she had in her room for years.  I sprayed painted them a pretty slate blue!



**Don't mind the little mess in the hallway.  I move my work piles from place to place. I sometimes forget to pick them up!
Here is her fun wall!  The dresser was a flea market find and I painted it Annie Sloan Old Ochre.  I love that color!!  The wood sign was a garbage pick and was painted and stenciled.  The rope was Bryce's idea.  She wanted it to hang all her special things she wants to see.  We hung it on two screws and use clothes pins to hang her things to it.  The lamp was in her old room and was white, we just sprayed painted it Rust o leums Strawflower yellow.  The cool metal flower was handmade, we found it at a flea market.

To see how I made the sign from old wood click here:


To see how I refinished the dresser click here:





This is yet another one of my favorite spots in her room!  The best part is NOTHING is new, I had it all!  Bryce wanted a place to get ready in her room.  She did not want a makeup table or desk though.  I had this table in our basement, it used to be in our family room but I replaced it with something else.  This table used to be black and red, I spray painted it Rust-oleums Heirloom White awhile back.  It is perfect here!  The mirror above was in her old room and was black,  we sprayed painted it Rust-oleums Strawflower Yellow!  I also had some antique frames and mirrors that I just had to have from various flea markets.  They work perfect on that little wall. 


The window bench was an old piano bench that was in our basement.  I painted it Old White by Annie Sloan and recovered the top with painters drop cloth fabric.  The curtains were from her old room, we planned to replace them, but I am liking the modern flair they give her vintage room! 

  Click here to see how the bench was re done:





I am so glad we picked out Benjamin Moore's Coventry Gray for her walls.  It is such a nice neutral gray!  I am also loving her little gold sunburst mirror against the gray!

So this is it!  We are both pretty happy with how the room turned out.  She has been keeping it semi clean so that is a huge bonus at well!  :)

Another bonus is that I was able to use so much that we already had.  LOVE THAT!!!


Links:













5 comments:

  1. I love that blue ASCP color! I almost bought some of that today, but decided on the orange instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange too! I can't wait to see what you paint with it! (and what you think of the paint). Have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of colors in the room!! Aubusson Blue is my absolute favorite ASCP color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artsy Chick, thank you! :) I had so much fun doing this room! I just used Aubusson Blue on a table in my family room too, it is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Nice artical, you did an amazing work.thanks.UK Cheapest Online Beds Store

    ReplyDelete