Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blue Master Bedroom......

A few months ago I decided I wanted to paint over the brown in our master bedroom.  The color I had on the walls for the past 7 years was Sherwin Williams Baguette.  I loved this color, which is why I kept it so long!  I also had brown drapes, brown bedding, brown furniture.... you get the picture.

I decided to go with a soft blue color!  I had painted my laundry room and master bathroom Sherwin Williams Rainwashed and LOVE that color.  For our bedroom I decided to go one up on the strip from that color.  It is called Window Pane.  This is one of my favorite colors!  It is a beautiful soft blue with a touch of gray.  It is a very soothing color. 


Sherwin Williams-Window Pane


Here it is on our bedroom walls.  This little bedroom re-do was fairly simple.  First I painted the walls.  I did not replace any furniture.  I did paint the dark wood night stands with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. That little change made a HUGE difference! It really broke up all the brown!


I swapped out black lamps for these crystal lamps I found at Homegoods. They have some really great lamps! Just the white paint and the shiny lamps brightened up the space soooo much!


The wall behind the bed sat empty for awhile.  I had some prints of trees up there that I really liked, but I was just ready for a change.  I found these pressed tins at Pottery Barn.  I knew the weathered gray look was exactly what I wanted! 

If I wanted to get really fancy I would swap out the ceiling fan for a pretty chandelier.  BUT I love have a ceiling fan on at night so practical is winning out right now.


This is our my little reading corner.  We bought that brown couch awhile back and it is sooo comfortable!  Maybe not what I would pick out now, but it is a great spot to relax!  I found the silver lamp behind the couch at IKEA. I think it was about $40.00. I love that lamp, it is super sturdy and feels like it was much more than $40.00!


Pottery barn $199.00

I think I did pretty good at IKEA!





  I made the little white table.  You can read about that here:

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5262909746498862430#editor/target=post;postID=6683012785079195519




Something as easy as swapping out drapes can make such a difference!   I love how the cream drapes look with the blue walls.  The bench under the window was another one of my projects.  Read about it here:


http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5262909746498862430#editor/target=post;postID=687589244200617693


 That door goes out to a little balcony in the front of our home.  Great spot for coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night.  (think I have done that twice in 7 years, but it sounds good though doesn't it??!!) :)



The bedding is all from Pottery Barn.  I am a sucker for Pottery Barn pillows and bedding!  I have had the off white bedding for awhile, it goes with anything so is perfect!  I can just swap out pillow covers to change things up. 


Just for the record there is NOT one flea market find in our bedroom!  :)

I will post before pictures soon so you can see what a little bit of paint can do!






No comments:

Post a Comment