Friday, March 30, 2012

Before and After living room~

  I don't know about you, but I love looking at before and after pictures of rooms! It is my favorite part of decorating.  My living room has gone through quite a few changes over the years. The biggest change has been this last one!

Here is my living room before.  The paint color is Baguette by Sherwin Williams.  I loved this color, and used it in several rooms in our home.  Most of the room was brown with red accents.  I loved warm and cozy at the time!












Here is the after.  I first lightened up the wall color.  I went a few shades lighter on the same Sherwin Williams paint strip.  This is Whole Wheat. I also added cream curtains in place of the deep red ones.  I swapped out a few accent tables and end tables.  Adding the light yellow table and the glass table helped soften the room.  Both tables were flea market finds.  I then added blue accents with a pop of orange!




I used cream, gold, and blue pillows in place of the red and brown ones.





I added the white weathered table and white accents by the front window.  Spray painting the two chairs a creamy white and swapping out the fabric gave the chairs a more casual look.






Before:




After:




Before:





                                                                          After:





My taste is changing from warmer tones to cooler ones.  I did not think that would ever happen because I really loved warm and cozy.  I still feel cozy in this room, but the brighter lighter colors make me sooooo happy!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Your living room is so bright and happy. It's just the place to drink your coffee(or tea) in the morning. I love your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete