Saturday, March 17, 2012

DYI Drum Shade Pendant!

         My $5.00 DYI Drum Shade Pendant!


I had been looking to swap out my dining room light fixture for awhile.  I decided I wanted a drum shade pendant light. 






I love this one from Crate and Barrel.  $149.00







                  Or this one from Ballard Designs.  $169.99 
                      (not sure why this came out so blurry!)    


This got me thinking.  I had a shade I was not using any longer sitting in my basement. I decided to make my own light fixture.

My husband and I went to Lowes and  found a light fixture on clearance for $5.00.  It was very similar to the one above.  It was on a clearance table without a box, it was perfect!




My husband installed the Lowes pendant in a matter of minutes.  We took off the frosted glass shade and slipped on the drum shade. 







This is the light fixture we had before.  (I was able to use it in another room with some changes!)








I like the simple lines of the new one so much more! 
For only $5.00 I love it even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment