Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Burlap cork board!

Quick and easy burlap project!

I am in the process of redecorating our home office.  I will post pictures of the completed room soon!  For now I want to share one of the easy projects that I did on the wall in our office.


 I wanted a corkboard of some sort near my desk.  I like to be able to have important papers right in view.  I looked around and found some I liked at Ballard Designs. 





 These boards range from $49.00-$219.00. 


So........ I decided to make my own.  I ran to Hobby Lobby and purchased a corkboard for $3.99.  When I get an idea in my head I do not wait, it gets done right then!



I had leftover burlap from when I recovered my hall bench.  I cut a piece to fit over the front of the corkboard. 




I used my staple gun and stapled the burlap to the backside of the corkboard. I then added the nail head trim. I tapped each one in with a hammer.  It was very easy to get the nail heads in the cork.

 The nail heads were leftover from a previous project, I love being able to use stuff I have around the house!




Here it is completed!





This project could not have been any easier.  It cost me a total of $4.00 since I already had the burlap and the nail heads.  I have a few other projects hanging on that wall that I will share soon!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment