Sunday, March 4, 2012

My FREE wreath!


I love free projects!

  I have 3 sisters, but the one that I refer to most on my blog is my sister Kim.  She is the one who shares my passion for painting, old things, flea markets, etc.  So while I have 2 other sisters, you will hear about Kim more often.  (the other 2 sisters think we are kind of crazy anyways :)  )

On that note this next idea is one Kim discovered. (we share ideas quite abit!)   We are constantly sending each other pictures of cool things we see when we are out and about.  Then we try to do it ourselves!  She sent me a picture of a really pretty silver twiggy wreath that was at a floral shop near her home.  It was $89.00!!  

 She went  Michaels, bought a twig wreath for $19.99,  spray painted it silver and had her wreath!  Total project under $25.00!






Her finished wreath looked just like the one above.  Although I found that one online at Santa's Quarters for $99.00 for a set of two!


I went in my basement and found this old wreath I did not use anymore.  (sorry for the blurry pic.) 





I cut off all the flowers......







  In a matter of minutes I had my twig wreath ready to be painted.









I used some silver spray paint I had used for another project.  It was Rust-Oleum Metallic Silver.

I sprayed one side and when it was dried flipped it over and sprayed the other.  This helped cover all the little twigs.





I know this is probably more of a Christmas wreath but I plan to hang it up all year long.  I love it against the light blue walls!








This little project was fast and free!  My most favorite kind of project, and I love how it turned out!  Thanks Kim! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment