Monday, March 26, 2012

Loving Blue!


A Sea of Blue.........


This powder room used to be brown.  Brown walls, brown pictures, brown rug, brown towels......  You get the picture. Since I have been on my "lighten up the house and add more color kick",   it was time to rid the powder room of all its brown!  I do not mind some brown, I acutally like the color.  I just had too much of it!

After looking at dozens and dozens of blue paint colors, I decided on Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. (I love the name too!) It is such a pretty soft blue. We had just came back from a very relaxing beach vacation so anything that reminded me of the water was perfect!



Other than the paint I did not have to do much to this room. I already had the towel/toilet paper holder. It is from Kirkland's. (years and years ago!)  It was a dark brown metal and  I was going to get rid of it. I decided instead to spray paint it silver and I am so glad I did!   The blue and gold rug is from Pier 1. I love how it looks on the wood floors.



I found the white antique mirror on one of my flea market excursions.  I have a thing for old mirrors!  The wall sconces were already there, I just changed the candles from dark brown to teal. The wood vase in the corner with the green grass was there as well.  I decided to leave it there, I like it with the blue walls.

 
The hand towels are from TJMaxx.  I like to get my towels from either TJMaxx or Homegoods.  They have a great selection and they are priced well. The candle holder is another flea market find.  (just for looks of course!)



 I found the fun little flower hooks at Pier 1.  Soft blue towel is from Homegoods.





It is amazing what a little paint can do.  I am so happy with this paint color.  I think it looks great with the silver and just TOUCH of brown. :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment