Saturday, March 31, 2012

Flea Market season has begun!!


Hooray!!  It is offically flea market season!  (in the midwest that is!)  So in honor of National Flea Market Day, (I made that up) I thought I would share some prints I bought at the Kane County Flea Market last season. 

 My husband came with me the day I got these pictures, so it was a pretty quick day. His patience at flea markets runs out after an hour or so!  :)

I saw these two prints and liked them right away.  I liked the chipped frames and the vintage look they had.  I managed to get both prints for $20.00.






When I got home I googled the artist of the prints J.L. Provost.  He was a french artist that lived in the late 1700's.  The stamp on the back of these prints says Friedmans' Art Store-Savannah, GA.  The store has been around over 100 years. 

The prints are also signed and each one is numbered.  I found some online for over $500 for one, I also found some on Ebay for  $100 for a set of 3. 


I bought these prints because I loved how they looked.  I also thought $10.00 a piece was a great deal.  They may be worth just that as well.  The fact that they came from an old store in Savannah, GA is pretty cool though!





 Finding prints like these are what I love about flea markets.  I am pretty excited about the upcoming flea market season!!  You just never know what you might find! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment