Friday, April 13, 2012

Loving Blue in our master bathroom!


 Our master bathroom had been brown for years.  I loved it that way.  That is until I started loving BLUE more. I had so much fun redecorating this room.  Just a few small changes brightened it so much!





The walls went from Sherwin Williams Baguette (which is very pretty but in a small space, very brown) to Sherwin Williams Rainwashed.   (I will post "before" pics soon)  I love this color!  I used it first in my laundry room and had to use it again somewhere. 


 


            The paint was a big change in here.  After the paint was the fun part, the painting not so much! I added some simple white curtains on the windows.  I will show later how I made these.  I changed out the cabinet hardware from brown knobs that blended right in with the cabinet color to silver knobs.  I love the difference it made!  **makes me wonder how I had those brown knobs on there for so long!!



I switched out the brown rugs and towels for white and blue.  I have started a small collection of things for when my kids are on their own.  One more year and my son will be going to college. ):  He will have a great supply of chocolate brown towels!!  

The cute little stool near the tub is from an antique store. 




I found these light fixtures at Lowe's.  We used to have a Lowe's  near our home so I would go in often.  They always had some great clearance sales.  I got these light fixtures for $7.00 each, down from $100.00 each!!  Crazy!! That Lowe's is no longer there, I sure miss it!







I used the same towels that I have in my powder room.  Once I find something I like I want it everywhere.......



The blue flower pictures above each towel bar are another really low cost project.  I printed the flowers from digitalgallery.nypl.org digitalgallery.nypl.org  This idea I got from the Thrifty Decor Chick.  I have used it several times.  It is a great way to switch out prints.  I printed these flowers out on plain white paper, matted them in gray, and put them in silver frames.  Total cost for two is under $8.00. 

  
This room was one of my favorite projects. I feel like it is spring in that room now instead of winter and I love that feeling!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment