Thursday, April 5, 2012

Randolph Street Market, Chicago, IL


Another one of my favorite flea markets is the Randolph Street Market in Chicago.  My sister and I checked it out last summer.  We loved it!  It is not as large as some other flea markets, but it has some really COOL stuff!  We left that flea market with a car packed of really original things. (my sister bought an antique wash tub and made it into a coffee table, I will post pics of that soon!)


Here is my daughter, her friend, and my niece.  This flea market is fun for younger kids too because it has vintage jewelry and purses etc.  There are also great places to eat when you are done shopping!


This little chair is just one of the many things I found that day.  I love the wood carvings on the back of it.  I knew the minute I saw it I was buying it, and I was painting it yellow! 

  ***As you can see by the turquoise paint on the bricks behind the chair this is one of my spray painting spots!  I am a messy painter!



The yellow I decided to use was Rust-Oleum Satin Strawflower. 



This chair was very easy to spray paint. It took 2 quick coats.  I wanted the wood to show through so I sanded it quite a bit once it was dry.  




Here is a close up of the fabric.  I got it at Hobby Lobby for $3.00. I unscrewed the chair seat and removed the old fabric.  I did leave the padding, it was in good condition. I used my staple gun and stapled the new fabric on, reattached the seat, and it was done!




This project cost me about $22.00. (the chair was $18.00)  I will always look at my little yellow chair and remember our fun adventure that day!  And if I ever get tired of the yellow paint and the fabric it is a very easy fix!  BUT for now I am loving it!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment