Sunday, April 15, 2012

Before and After Bathroom!



On Friday I had posted our "after" master bathroom.   Now it is time to see the "before".......



These pics are actually phase 2.  I had really dark window treatments up and all chocolate brown towels and rugs.  I gradually added some yellow & white in hopes to make it a more cheerful room.  The valances did not turn out too well, I had them made from a window panel.  They did not stay up there too long.  You can also see the dark cabinet hardware, or can you?  I have no idea why we picked out hardware that totally blended with the wood!  I have since sold almost all the old knobs on craigslist.  They would look great on some light wood cabinets!

And we lived with those light fixtures for over six years.  It is what the builder put in for us.  It was always in the back of my mind to swap them out but just never got around to it.  That is until I found my $7.00 lights!






Those curtains just never looked right!




   

The paint color Baguette by Sherwin Williams is a nice warm brown.  But I was very glad to change it up to Rainwashed.  I am in love with that color right now!










Sometimes it is just the little things.  The white washed basket (that you can only see half of) has had those flowers and greenery in it for years.  I never paid much attention to it.  When I took it out and put a few white flowers from Pier 1 in the basket, it made such a difference. 





















I was totally comfortable in my before bathroom.  But the new paint and accessories made me love it!!! It is exactly what I had envisioned for that room.  It feels more"spa like" and just all a brighter place to be! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment