Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Burlap Bench!!



My little burlap bench......

Sometimes I do not get it right the first time, but I just keep trying!






I have had this faux leather bench for many many years.  It was from Target and it went well with everything in my home.  That was until I decided I wanted to lighten things up!

I love projects like these.  I would much rather reuse something I have then go find something new.  Not only does it save a ton of money but it makes it unique!


Ok so my first attempt did not go so well.  I thought I loved the fabric I found at Hobby Lobby but it took me (and my teenage daughter) a few minutes to realize it did not work! I did not spend too much on that fabric, and maybe I will end up using it somewhere someday!






In comes the burlap.  I have never used burlap before but I was excited to try it.  The best part about burlap is it is CHEAP!

Before I go on you will see I do not have pictures of the actual process of recovering the bench.  I sometimes get on a roll and forget to take pics!  This bench was so easy.  Except for getting those darn legs off.   I spent more time on that than anything else!  I finally got a hammer and just banged on each leg and they finally fell off!  (you can see how distressed each leg is!) I was ok with that since I planned to have them distressed anyway.

Once I got the legs off I spray painted each one with Rust-Oleums heirloom white.

The burlap was very easy to work with.  I used my staple gun and went right over top the faux leather (I did take fabric #1 off in case I decide to use it on something else.)






Ok this is not it, but I love this burlap bench.   It is from Mecox and has a price tag of $1285.00







And of course my favorite store Pottery Barn ALWAYS has something I like.  This pretty bench is $499.99.





This cute bench above is my finished product!


After getting all the bench covered I added nailheads around the bottom.  Again this was very easy, just needed a hammer and the nailheads were about $2.00.






Here is my little bench all burlapped up.  I love how it turned out!  If we forgot about the first fabric incident this project cost me around $7.00!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment