Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our little hallway..

Our little hallway.........


This is our hallway off the laundry/mud room.  It also leads to the den.


 I love these shutters I found at the flea market.  The lady says they were off a lake house in MI.  I thought the color was pretty neat.  The white frames are from the flea market as well, the bird fabric is from a little fabric shop in Cedarburg, WI.  The fabric has all my favorite colors in it.  I do love the birds too, they just brighten up the space!







That is the door to the mud room.  I showed in an earlier post how I changed out the bench. It used to be brown with a funky fabric on it.  The chalkboard is an old $5.00 window from a flea market.  I taped off the wood and sprayed a few coats of chalkboard paint on the glass.  I love to put inspiriational sayings on it.  Although the board said "Merry Christmas" until about mid February, I do try! :)


Thank for looking!

Debbie



2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is really a question for you. I painted a table yellow last night. (Not thinking I wanted to distress it) This morning I decided that some blue showing through would have looked great. Too late! So the question, have you tried drybrushing over a base color to achieve the look? If you have, how did it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What kind of yellow paint did you use? You can always sand some of the yellow paint off to show some bits of the blue. I have tried dry brushing before. It works well if you do want to see peeks of the base color. You can add as much or as little paint as you want when dry brushing. If you add too much you can lightly sand with a fine grit sand paper to reveal more of the base color. I like sanding off edges and corners of paint more than dry brushing. I have a problem with brush strokes showing when I dry brush. I hope this helps! :)

      Delete