Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Planters

 
One of my goals this week was to get my fall planters done.  My summer flowers were all dead from lack of watering these past few weeks.  My porch was a sight!!
 
 
I usually do two planters with large mums in them.  I decided to make my own planters this year.  I love all the fall plants!  Mums, Kale, Cabbage, Millet (just learned what that was today!)
 
 
I bought a little bit of everything and got to work.
 
 
 This planters has mums, millet, cabbage, and little ornamental peppers.  Love those!!  I bought the planter containers years ago at Walmart.  They have held up really well and are out all year long.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a close up of the pepper plant.  I love the color they add!
 
 

 
This is the millet.  It came in a large pot and I separated it and just added a small section to each planter.  It added the height the planters needed.
 
 
 
I think the cabbage plants are so cute.  I could only find really large ones at first and wanted a smaller accent size.  Home Depot had these cute little ones.
 
 
Here is another planter I did, I was having fun!
 

 
 
 
I still need to add corn stalks and pumpkins.  But for now this looks so much better than the dried up annuals I had in those pots! 
 
 
 
 
I had a few plants left over so I put them in one of the empty pots and put it on our deck. 
 
 
The trees are changing, it is sunny & cool, and  just so beautiful here in the Midwest!  I love this time of year!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment