Sunday, October 21, 2012

Refinishing an oak table-part II


 
Happy Sunday!  We are having absolutely beautiful weather today.  70 degrees and sunny!  Just perfect!  Smells like fall too!
 
We had a busy weekend with football games, baseball games, more sleepovers, haunted houses, church, and today I snuck away and went to Carter's Cottage.  I needed more paint!  I got some great colors that I can not wait to try. I will share them soon!
 
Anyways here is my finished table....
 
  I painted the pedestal base with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Ochre.  I added water to the paint before the 2nd coat and it went on so nicely.  I have never tried that before.  I was running low on paint so wanted to make it last. I was told that because the paint is thick watering down the second layer is suggested.  I never knew that!  It really worked great.  After two coats of ASCP I did a layer of clear wax. 
 
 

 
 
 
 Here is the finished table.  (sorry about the bright sun!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am thrilled with how it turned out. I love that I was able to repurpose a table that was very special to us!  I was really nervous for awhile at how it was turning out. What is nice about wood is you can just re sand and start over if you need to.  Although that makes for a much larger project!

 
Notice something missing in the pictures?  Chairs!  I decided to switch up the chairs a bit.  I want to do something different but just have not quite figured it out yet. 
 
I found two awesome antique chairs today that I am going to re do and add to some other chairs.  Just not sure which ones yet...... :)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment