Friday, October 12, 2012

More candle ideas!

 
 
I love Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I especially love the color Florence.  I think it looks amazing when the base color is black and it is distressed to show both colors.  I have been looking for something to paint this color in my home. 
 
Here is how Florence is described by Annie Sloan:
 
 
Florence - LIMITED EDITION
This is inspired by the colours of the copper green mineral and semi-precious stone, malachite, and from the same family of stones as azurite and turquoise. In the 17th and 18th century it was used as a colour made with verdigris but as it is a very fugitive colour turning black with time so we are not aware of how it was used on woodwork in many houses. It is a classical colour found in classical Italian furniture.

 
 
I decided on this big black candle stick.  My sister Kim gave this to me many years ago.  She had no where to put it so I took it and stuck it by my front door. 
 
 
 
 

 
 This was a perfect Bears game project!!  I can watch the game and get something done at the same time! 
 
 Cubby loves to watch my projects!  :)
 
 
 
I used two coats of Annie Sloan in Florence.  Then I used a wet scotch bright pad and sanded it heavy.  I wanted a lot of the black to show through.  I protected it with a coat of the clear wax and then a thin layer of the dark wax. 
 
I love how it turned out!!!!
 
I then decided to spice up the boring white candle I had on it.
 
I saw these candles at Pottery Barn. ($16.50-$29.50) I like the burlap texture.
 
 
 
 
SOOOOOO since I had leftover burlap and a hot glue gun I decided to make my own.  I like the real burlap better anyways!
 
 
 
Pretty simple project.  Cutting burlap straight can be a challenge though.  If you pull one of the strings where you are going to be cutting your line, it makes its own line in the fabric.  Then you can just follow that line and it helps!!
 
 
 
 
So easy and so FREE!!!  I made a few extras I liked them so much!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close-up of Florence with black underneath.
 
 
 
Loving the pop of color!!
 
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment