Monday, May 21, 2012

Elkhorn, WI Flea Market

My sister and I spent our Sunday at the Elkhorn, WI Flea Market.  We went to this one once last year but it was pouring rain, and most of everything was covered in tarps.  We still found some cool stuff and met some cool people though!  We met Monica Pederson from HGTV and Hippie Tom from American Pickers last year!  Awesome!  We could not WAIT to go again!

The weather was in the 90's, windy, and very sunny!  Not bad, better than rain!  A few things we learned yesterday.......

1.  If you are going to be out in the hot sun for 8 hours PUT ON SUNSCREEN!!!!  We have no idea how we both missed doing this but we are paying for our mistake!!

2.  We need to get some kind of wagon to carry our stuff!  Most times we have a stroller when then the twins are with so we put stuff on the bottom.  When it is just us it is impossible to carry everything around with you!  Going back to pick it all up at the end is alot of work and gets confusing!! We did get smart and started writing down what and where it is so that helps!

3.  Bring more snacks!  Kim had a few things but not enough.  The lines for the food were so long and after Kim told me some stories about how dirty those little food wagons are I lost my appetite!  (although the food does smell great!!)


Now to some of the cool stuff we saw.......


Beautiful chandeliers and lots of white weathered frames!


Not sure why but duck decoys are big this year!  And they are not cheap!



Love the old fans!


Remember my post on how to make corn feeder mirrors? http://myeverchanginghome.blogspot.com/2012/04/corn-crop-feeder-machine-mirror-anyone.html This is where I got the idea from! This vendor has beautiful things,  but we did not dub her the expensive lady for nothing! :)


We loved these orange industrial drawers but we could not get them for less than $40.00 each.  Did not want to go that high, but they are awesome!


 Cool old rusty stuff!


Men in feathered hats selling awesome barnwood industrial tables!


Highlight of our day????  Hippy Tom!!!  My sister bought a really cool birdcage from him.  We can not wait to check out his huge barn sale he has every year!  Check him out on American Pickers!!


Kim always manages to find a friend at flea markets!  Seriously we were so hot and tired at the time of this picture that we sat here and rested for a bit.  Kim had a conversation with this lady and kept answering the old antique phone that was on the table.  I was laughing so hard! (probably from heat exhaustion!)  We do manage to draw quite a few stares at flea markets!


This is what I found!  **Kim found some amazing stuff, but as we were leaving a big storm was blowing in. We had to split our stuff up and get on the road.  I will have to get some pics of her finds.  She got this really cool chippy blue table for $10.00.  AMAZING!  And a handmade bookshelf made out of cedar fence wood, $10.00 for that too!  If you wait it out until the end you can get some good deals! 


I am excited about these old rusty rings.  I am going to make something with them, just not sure what yet!



Cute little owls!  The lady that was selling these had let Kim and I use her sunscreen. (it was abit too late for the sunscreen, but we felt better putting some on!)  I felt I had to buy something and fell in love with these two guys!


I am so excited about this antique sunburst mirror!  I plan to take it off the stand and hang it up.


I was on the hunt for an old fan.  I just think they are so cool! Kim got a blue one that is so pretty too!


I love this little table too.  I got it for $15.00 and have big plans for it!  The crate and metal flower are for my daughter's bedroom.  Changes happening in there soon!

So all in all it was a great day!  We found awesome things, laughed so hard we could barely walk at times, and have a bunch of new projects to work on!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment