Thursday, January 31, 2013

My first bench!

Wrapping up January's "Favorite Projects". 
 
 I am ready to wrap up January too and move into spring!  I am excited for some new projects coming up!  :)
 
But first here is one of my very first projects......
 
 When I saw this bench at the flea market I knew it was perfect! I had set out to find a bench for our hallway off our mudroom.  We needed a place to sit to put on our shoes!  I got this bench for $18.00.  I acutally kind of like that funky fabric!


 
   I wanted this bench white.  I was on quite the white kick for awhile.  I had not yet discovered Annie Sloan so I spray painted the bench white.  (after removing the cushions)  I then sanded the edges to rough it up. 
 
 I used painters drop cloth for the fabric.  Cheap cheap cheap!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I added some nail heads to the back.  Easy!!
 
 
 
You can read about the entire project here:
 
 
  
 
 
 
Here it is!  Perfect for that spot!  BUT it has been awhile and I am getting alittle bored with that bench. Plus it gets alot of use so all white was probably not the best choice of colors!  I have some new ideas of how to spice it up!  Stay tuned!  :)


 













No comments:

Post a Comment