Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My most favorite project this year!

Re decorating Bryce's bedroom had to be hands down my most favorite project this year!!  We had soooo much fun!!   

When I started going to flea markets and began to slowly re purpose furniture and change our home around Bryce was not a fan.  She did not like the idea of used things and could not understand why I was bringing that stuff in here!  (or painting everything white for that matter!)

Over time she started like the vintagey feel of things.  It was her idea to re do her room with all things from a flea market!  I was in heaven!!!! :)

                      


Bryce and I knew right from the beginning we wanted a barn door type head board for her bed.  We found EXACTLY what we were looking for at the Kane County Flea Market.  This barn door was the perfect color and it was sealed so we did not have to worry about old paint chipping!  And it was $50.00!!!  Love it!!



We decided to go with a soft gray on her walls.  This is a great neutral gray.  It is Benjamin Moore Coventry Gray. 
 
 
 
 
 

This little nightstand was part of a bedroom set TJ and I had years and years ago!  It was a honey pine color and had flowers painted on it!  We had donated all but this night stand. I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue and changed out the hardware with some chunky glass hardware.  I love this piece!






We found this old window at an antique store in Wisconsin.  It is the perfect place for Bryce to put up her favorite pics!




 
This wall is so fun!  Bryce wanted to hang a rope to display her special things.  We got clothes pins and she can add or take away whatever she wants. 
 
 
The LOVE, DREAM, FAITH, PEACE board was a surprise I made her while she was at camp.  I found the old door in the trash at a flea market.  I clean it up and painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and Provence.  Then I stenciled on the words in black paint.
 
 
The dresser was also from a flea market.  It is great condition and has wheels. Love that!  We painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Ochre.



 
This little sunburst mirror was on a stand.  I had TJ take it off the stand and added a hook so I could hang it.  I love the splash of gold on the gray wall! I also love a true old sunburst mirror!



 
 
The little bench under the window was an old piano bench we had in the basement.  I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and roughed it up.  I stapled some painters cloth to the old worn leather top.  Perfect!
 
 
 
I love this little corner.  The mirror Bryce already had, we just spray painted it yellow.  The white table was in the basement not being used.  It is perfect for her makeup!  The vintage mirrors and frames on the wall are some of the first things I purchased at a flea market. 



To read more about this project you can click on the link below:


http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5262909746498862430#editor/target=post;postID=1282129980523037797






This room was so fun to do.  It was very inexpensive since we re used many things we already had.  It feels so good to put old things to good use!   The rest we found at flea markets!  That of course was the BEST part! 

No comments:

Post a Comment