Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Insanity!!!

 
I just checked the temperature and it is 9!  brrrrrrr. Think I need to wait a bit before I go out running!  This got me thinking about new years resolutions.  Do you have any? 
 
I have a few things that come to mind.
 
First off I have to explain I am just coming off Insanity.  Insanity is the hardest work out video I have ever tried.  It is a super intense  60 day, 6 times a week program.  It was good timing since it is cold outside, I could work out inside.  (I usually run)  TJ got amazing results with this video so I decided to try it.  The first two weeks I would collapse in a pool of sweat on the floor when I was done, NO LIE!  And my entire body hurt daily! 
 
 

INSANITY® -The method behind the madness.

The secret to these mind-blowing INSANITY workout results: MAX Interval Training.

Shaun T took traditional interval training and flipped it on its head—you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each INSANITY workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. The result: burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour and get the most insane body in 60 days.
 
Sounds fun hey???? I definitely had a love hate relationship with Shaun T!

 
I worked my way up and by the end could do almost everything and had much more energy and strength.  My results however were not as amazing as TJ's!  I did lose some weight and I definitely got some upper body muscles I never knew I had!  I can do a mean push up now too!  :) 
 
I am glad I did this video, but it sure made me miss running! 
  So one of my goals is to mix in some Insanity with my running.  I think I will appreciate my running that much more!
 
So that is my first resolution.  Kind of boring, but it works for me!
 
 
Declutter!
 
 
 I have been working on this the past few months and need to continue.  We have soooooo much stuff.  I have made more trips to Goodwill than I can count.  That feels good!  I do not want all the excess, just what we need! 
 
This will also help in being more organized.  Another goal I have.  I am very organized in my real estate business, but it kind of stops there!  I want to organize everything!!!!  Maybe my kids will jump on this too!!!  You should see their rooms!  :)
 
 
Create!
 
My favorite thing to do is bring new life to an old piece.  I love this!   I can not keep it all if I plan to declutter though!  :)  So watch for some great things for sale soon!
 
 
Family.
 
This one is pretty easy.  Spend as much time with my family as possible.  Ok, not so easy with teenagers.  The years have gone by way to fast!  With an 18 year old applying to colleges and one who will be 16 in 26 days (who is counting???)  I have to say time goes flying by.  I just want to savor any little moment I can with these two.  TJ & I are very lucky because I think the kids like to be with us too at times.  That is a big bonus!  :) 
 
 This also goes to extended family that we do not see often enough!
 
God.
 
To continue to make God part of my everyday life.  To live my life according to His will.  To think before I speak and do, this is huge!
 
 
So not much for decorating today.  I was planning to post about a favorite project, but looking out at the cold made me think of not wanting to run outside, which made me think of my Insanity video, which made me think of New Years Resolutions!!  :)
 
OK, time to get out there and RUN!!!!
 
Do you have any New Years Resolutions??? I would love to hear them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment