Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sometimes all it takes is a little paint!

 
 
I have had this wood wine rack for years.  I bought it at Kirklands.  (the Kirklands near my home is out of business, I just saw that the other day!)  It has served its purpose well over the years.  Lately I have been looking at it knowing it needed something.  I was not ready to get rid of it, I actually like it in that little corner.  I was getting tired of the BROWN!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have been on a lightning up my home kick for awhile now.  It was time to give this little guy a makeover.  The little crystal knob is from Hobby Lobby.  I added that to spruce it up a few months ago.
 
 
I decided on Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
 
The colour of chalk and gesso, a cool soft white without pink or yellow in it. A colour which works with everything but for the quintessential French look use it over Paris Grey.
We also suggest adding it to the other colours to make them the exact tone for your room
 
 
Old White is by far my most used color.  I think it is a perfect off white. 
 
This project was pretty simple.  It took two coats of ASCP.  After it dried I did some heavy sanding.  I wanted this distressed and worn looking.  Then I followed it up with a coat of clear wax.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is one of those projects that I should have done a long time ago.  I love this cabinet white!
 
This dining room has gone through quite a few changes over the years.  Here is a before picture the first year we lived here:
 
 
Before:
 
 
 
 
 
 
My favorite color was brown!  I loved this room, it was cozy and warm.  I got a lot of my accents pieces from Bombay Furniture.  I loved that store!  It has been out of business for quite a few years now.
  
 
 
Here is the dining room today:
 
After:
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
So happy with this room now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment