Sunday, September 8, 2013

$30.00 dresser re do!

 
 
 
Hard to believe summer is over and it is September!  I LOVE summer and I am always sad when it ends.  I got so many projects done these past few months.  I had a loooooong list and I managed to cross off almost everything. 
 
Remember this dresser?  I found it at the Elkhorn Flea Market for $30.00!  It was in great shape.  It was the perfect size for our guest room.







I decided to have some fun with this piece and use two colors. I usually like to play it safe with one but wanted to do something different. I love how the ASCP paint colors work so well with each other. I chose Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White & Chateau Gray.  I had both these colors and knew they would work with the room.

ASCP Chateau Gray


ASCP Old White



 



I painted the drawers the Chateau Gray and the rest of the dresser in Old White.  I wanted to reuse the original hardware so I removed it and cleaned it up well.  After two coats of ASCP I used a coat of clear wax and added a bit of dark wax.
 
**On a side note....When you buy an antique piece of furniture you never know what you may find.  This old sleeping cap was stuck behind one of the drawers!**
 
 
 

Here is the dresser all painted and in place.  I loved how it turned out and for $30.00 I love it even more! 
 
 
 
The guest room is now done!  I will post pictures soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment