Sunday, December 23, 2012

My favorite things about Christmas......

 
Happy Sunday and happy day before Christmas Eve!
 
I have a very loooooong list of things to do today.  I always wish I would have started all my Christmas things earlier, but for some reason I never do!  I must secretly enjoy the hustle and bustle at the end! 
 
I thought I would share some of my favorite things about the Christmas season.
 
 
1.  The birth of Christ.  My favorite part of Christmas is going to church and hearing the Christmas story & singing Silent Night!
 
 
 
 
2. Spending time with family and friends!  These three mean the world to me!!  I also love that we see family that we do not see often enough!!
 
 
 
 
3.  Watching Christmas movies in front of a fire. Here are a few of my favorites!
 


 
 
4. A Christmas snow
 
 
 
5.  Christmas Trees!  In the past we would make a day of it with the kids and cut our tree down.  Now that we have two very busy teenagers we are lucky if we get our tree up in time for Christmas!  We made it with a week to spare this year!  :)
 
 
 
 
6.  Shopping.  It is no secret that I love shopping.  But I really do love shopping for other people.  I also enjoy listening to Christmas music and wrapping presents!
 
 
 
 
7.  Christmas music.  If my daughter had her way we would listen to Christmas music all year long! 
 
 
 
8.  Egg Nog Chai from Starbucks!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
9.  Baking.  I have wonderful memories of my mom and my aunt baking all day.  The kitchen would be a mess and there were sooooo many different kinds of cookies by the end of the day.  My mom would store them in this little hall closet in Christmas tins and I would sneak cookies by the handfuls.  I had and still have a huge sweet tooth for Christmas cookies! 
 


 
 

10. Anticipation.
 
There is nothing like a child on Christmas.  My kids used to get sooooo excited for Christmas.  That will always be one of my favorite memories of Christmas.  Now my daughter is almost 16 and my son is 18.  Ok so my daughter is stilled sooooo excited about Christmas!  :)  I just can not believe how fast time has gone!  I get sad thinking that next year my son will be off to college.  But I am so proud of these two kids and look forward to what time will bring!
 
 
 





Wishing you all a Christmas filled with wonder of the birth of Christ, the warmth of the holiday spirit and the love of family and friends.....



This post is dedicated to Putch.  

 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment